Sunday, November 16, 2014

Master bedroom makeover!

I started looking at my room and realizing that I put all my effort into the other rooms in my house but not as much into our master bedroom.  That should be a peaceful place, a sanctuary and the first place in your home to be beautiful!  So it was time to organize, get rid of junk and turn our room into a master retreat.  Need to do it on a budget?  Well this room definitely gave us the most bang for our buck!  My only regret is that I never took before pictures of the room :/ Hate it when that happens.

Here's the scoop on where to shop...
Mirrors on both sides of the bed give the room a larger, more spacious feeling while looking fabulous at the same time.  Purchased in a set of 2 at Target!
Lamps are mercury glass from local boutique Blue Bird Style & Design (retail location now closed and the company now focuses on floral and home design)
Bedding I made from fabrics purchased at caroseldesigns.com LOVE this site because they put together fabrics and give great ideas on which prints to use together.  
Nightstands and dresser from Ikea, Hemnes collection.
2 chairs that are my favorite part of the room from Home Goods.  Shop there and you'll be hooked.  You can always find what you're looking for and the prices are fab.  Although I warn you, if you like it, buy it.  It will be gone the same day.  I've done that way too many times.  
Lastly, I organized all my jewelry in this mirror that opens into a cabinet.  I've always wanted one since I was little and now I have one!  Also purchased at Home Goods.  

Now go spruce up your retreat!  Get rid of clutter on nightstands and dressers.  If it shouldn't go in a bedroom, it's out!  You'll sleep better, end of long days will be more relaxing and although we may have cute littles running around at all times... it's still our peaceful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment